Bus Accident Attorney Serving Lafayette
Bus Accidents in Lafayette, LA
There are various types of injuries related to bus accidents:
- As a passenger riding a bus, you are entrusting your safety and well-being to the bus's driver. You are not able to control the movement of the bus as it starts, stops and encounters traffic. Since most buses do not incorporate the use of seat belts, passengers are vulnerable whether standing or seated.
- As a pedestrian you are exceptionally vulnerable and the outcome of a bus accident can be very serious, even fatal.
- As a motorist, your chances of coming away from the accident unharmed or with minor injuries are few.
In all of the above situations, you trust the judgment of the bus driver to make correct decisions and avoid accidents. Unfortunately, it has been found, in some cases that the bus driver or the bus company has acted in a negligent manner, putting the public at risk.
What should I do if I've been injured in a bus accident?
You need to contact a Lafayette personal injury attorney. Doran & Cawthorne, P.L.L.C. successfully handles Lafayette bus accidents. Our helpful, caring attorneys will sit down with you and review all your information. In some cases, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for your injuries. That's why you need a competent Lafayette personal injury lawyer who will look at all of the factors involved in your situation, so as to help you protect your personal interests. Just like in a case involving burn injuries or other catastrophic injuries, you may be eligible to be compensated by the negligent party for:
- Bodily injury
- Medical bills
- Damage to your vehicle or property
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering as a result of the accident.
Don't take chances.
Contact the Lafayette bus accident lawyer