Lafayette Family Law Attorney
Family Law & Domestic Disputes
Doran & Cawthorne, P.L.L.C. understands that the importance that family matters play in a person's life and is ready to provide clients with aggressive advocacy to see that matters are handled properly. The attorneys are skilled in courtroom presentation and successful in defending client interests in child custody, visitation, child support, spousal support and property division issues. The attorneys are also dedicated to preventing domestic violence and ready to seek and enforce restraining orders. Parties requiring representation are urged to contact a Lafayette family lawyer.
Family Law Matters
The firm is skilled in dealing with the whole range of family law matters. These include:
- Child Custody: This can be a very contentious issue in divorce. All factors including parental relationships with children, lifestyle, ability to provide direct supervision, neighborhoods, availability of good schools can affect the court's decision. Sometimes the court will award joint custody. However if the parents cannot work together it becomes necessary to designate one parent as the custodial parent.
- Visitation: The attorneys are committed to helping clients achieve workable visitation arrangements.
- Child Support: This support is determined taking into account each parent's income and the number of children to support. Sometimes circumstances require modification.
- Spousal Support: This is often important to achieve a just result of a divorce particularly when one spouse worked to put the other through school or took care of children while the other advanced in his or her field.
- Property Division: This can be complicated particularly in high asset divorces. It takes an attorney familiar with the valuation of family-owned business, stock portfolios, retirement programs, 401 (k) s and IRAs to help achieve a fair division of assets.
- Domestic Violence: Where there has been abuse, a restraining order may be necessary. On the other hand, sometimes a parent seeks a restraining order based on false allegations. In this case an attorney at the firm must appear in court to repair the injustice.
The attorneys at the firm are ready to discuss family law matters with clients and assist them to achieve a fair and workable resolution of family law matters.
Contact a family law attorney in Lafayette
from the firm to discuss your family law matter.